How To Connect Bluetooth headphones to Vizio smart TV
“Vizio smart TV lets you stream your favorite shows, movies, music, and more”.
So, what makes Vizio smart TV different from others? Vizio smart TV unlike many other smart TVs offers the option of connecting your wireless Bluetooth headphones to it. Not many TVs have this option.
Vizio smart TV comes in various models which provide various features accordingly. Overall, the TV brand Vizio has received a lot of positive reviews for its numerous channels and high-quality audio and visuals.
How to connect Bluetooth headphones to Vizio smart TV
How do I know if my Vizio TV supports Bluetooth connectivity with headphones?
- Manual: First, obvious step is to check the user manual that comes along with the TV. If your TV is old and you can’t find the manual then try this.
- Internet: Surf the internet to find out whether your TV supports wireless headphones or not. Find your TV company website, and then simply type in the model number and the website should provide you with a digital manual for your model.
- Remote: Lastly, if you still want to believe that your TV supports Bluetooth then simply look at the remote. If the remote has a Bluetooth signal button or even if the TV settings have Bluetooth, then you might just consider yourself lucky.
- If not, we got you. We shall also guide you on how you can pair your wireless headphones even if your Vizio TV doesn’t support them.
Do you want to watch TV peacefully, but the noise of the world around you is just too loud? The good news is if you have a Vizio smart TV, then you don’t have to worry about the worldly noise disturbing your peaceful time.
You can easily connect your Bluetooth headphones to the Vizio Smart TV and can enjoy some quality personal space. How do you do that?
Well, let me guide you:
Pairing Bluetooth headphones with Vizio Smart TV:
- Get your Bluetooth headphones, and turn on Bluetooth pairing mode. Check your headphone manual to know how to turn on Bluetooth pairing mode.
- Grab your remote and search for menu settings on your TV. ‘Menu’ could also be labeled as a button on the TV remote.
- Go to ‘sound output’,
- Click on the speaker list.
- Select ‘Search and select’.
- Finally, look up your headphones, then pair and connect.
Now, for TVs that do not support Bluetooth connectivity, you can connect your wireless headphones via a Bluetooth transmitter as well.
What is a Bluetooth transmitter? A Bluetooth transmitter will transfer audio signals between devices wirelessly.
The transmitter connects to a source device via a cable and wirelessly transmits audio to other devices like speakers, headphones, etc.
But, before you think of purchasing a Bluetooth transmitter, look at the back of the TV to find out which cable it will support. There could be three cable ports:
- The RCA cable port should be labeled as ‘L’ and ‘R’.
- The optical cable port.
- The AUX port should be labeled as ‘AUDIO OUT’.
The best-recommended port with a Vizio TV is the optical port. Now, that you have bought a Bluetooth transmitter, let’s connect it:
How to connect your Vizio TV with wireless headphones without Bluetooth
- First, identify whatever port’s wire you have, then using that, connect it to the Bluetooth transmitter.
- Second, connect your Bluetooth transmitter to a power source.
- Third, if you have decided to use the optical cable, then you’ll need to adjust the TV settings a bit.
- Press the menu on your TV remote.
- Search ‘audio’ settings.
- Click on ‘digital audio out’.
- And then select the ‘PCM’ format. You should be able to hear your audio now.
Interestingly, if you decide to purchase a Bluetooth transmitter that supports two Bluetooth headphones, then you can also enjoy the movie with awesome sound quality along with your friends as well.
If you get two Bluetooth transmitters, then many more people can join in to enjoy the audio with headphones. And yes, it can get costly.
In conclusion, that wasn’t hard, was it? You now can hear your favorite songs or movies peacefully on your wide-screened Vizio TV, if someone is sleeping at your house or even when the audio is hard to hear.
We learned that even if the TV doesn’t support Bluetooth we can always spend some cash and buy a Bluetooth transmitter for all those sessions.
Moreover, we can connect multiple headphones to one TV! It is always better to consult the TV manual as well.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
Q) Can we connect wireless headphones to the TV, even if it doesn’t support it?
A) Yes! You can. All you need to do is purchase a Bluetooth transmitter or a Bluetooth adapter. Connect it with your TV via a cable.
Adjust your TV audio settings to ‘PCM’, if you are using an optical cable. Otherwise, you can also use the RCA cable and the 3.5mm Aux cable.
Q) How do I improve the sound on my Vizio TV?
A) You can always connect your Vizio TV to wireless headphones via Bluetooth. To improve the sound quality even better or if your TV doesn’t support Bluetooth, we would recommend connecting it with a Bluetooth transmitter.
Q) What is a Bluetooth transmitter for Vizio TV?
A) A Bluetooth transmitter for your Vizio TV will help you connect your wireless headphones even if the TV doesn’t support Bluetooth.
Transmitters are devices that will connect audio from one source to another without requiring Bluetooth. It also helps me improve the sound quality of the audio that you are hearing.
Q) How do I connect headphones to my Vizio TV?
A) Your headphones can be connected to Vizio smart TV by using the Bluetooth connectivity option that comes with various TVs.
Check your TV’s user manual to know more. If your TV has no Bluetooth option, then you can also use a Bluetooth transmitter. Instructions on how to connect in both ways have been described above.