How To Connect Vizio Soundbar to Samsung TV￼
If you just got yourself a Vizio Soundbar and want to learn how to connect it with the Samsung TV at your home, then this article will greatly help you.
The connection requires no rocket science and can easily be established by anyone by using the following methods:
How To Connect Vizio Soundbar to Samsung TV
Method 1: Connection using cables
There are mainly three cables that you can use to connect the Samsung TV with the Vizio Soundbar.
HDMI Cable: High Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) is a cable that carries the sound from one device to another. These devices can be anything like a TV, Video game console, personal computer, etc.
Using the HDMI cable is one of the best ways to go about connecting the Vizio Soundbar to TV.
- Ensure that the Samsung TV model that you have supports an HDMI cable by looking for the port behind the TV.
- Get yourself an HDMI cable that is long enough to make a connection between the Vizio sound bar and the TV. It is recommended to place the sound bar right under the TV for the best experience.
- Connect one of the HDMI cables behind the Samsung TV and the opposite end of the cable to the Vizio Soundbar.
- Ensure that both devices are now switched on and working.
- Then you need to change some TV settings. Look for ‘Audio settings’ in your Samsung TV and change the audio output to ‘HDMI’.
- Select ‘Input’ on the back of the Vizio Soundbar and from the input, menu select the ‘HDMI’ option.
- Finally, play something on the TV to check whether the audio can be heard loud and clear via the soundbar.
Optical Cable: Optical cable or fiber optical cable is covered with glass or plastic fibers inside individual protective covers. Its purpose is to transmit audio digital signals by light.
If the HDMI cable method doesn’t work, then you can try the Optical cable method.
- Plug in one end of the video optical cable to the optical out port behind your TV and connect the input end to the Vizio Soundbar’s digital AUDIO IN port.
- Change the settings of the soundbar in the input settings menu to optical.
- Press the menu button and set TV speakers to off in the audio menu.
- From the same audio settings, change “Digital Audio Out” to Bitstream or Dolby Digital.
- Check by playing something on the TV and the sound should now come from the soundbar.
RCA Cable: RCA standing for Radio Corporation of America, the first company that designed it, is a cable that is used to connect various devices together ranging from TVs to speakers, etc. The RCA cable usually comes in a standard 3-colored jack (red, white, and yellow). The left and the right are the analog audio jacks and the third one is for the composite analog video. RCA cables are old and aren’t used much nowadays. They have been replaced by HDMI cables.
Make the RCA cable connection for connecting the Vizio soundbar to Samsung TV your last resort.
- Once again, ensure that both the Samsung TV model and the Vizio soundbar model support RCA cables.
- You will require the red and white cable jacks for this one. Simply, connect the red jack to the red port and the white jack to the white port on both devices.
- Use the soundbar remote to change the audio input to AUX.
- Go to the settings of the Vizio Soundbar with the remote that will appear on the screen of TV and search for the TV speaker option and turn it off.
- In the same list click on the analog audio out. Then select the ‘Fixed’ settings.
- Test it out to see if it works.
Method 2: Connection using Bluetooth
Connecting the Vizio Soundbar to Samsung TV using the Bluetooth method isn’t always the best way but you can still give it a try.
- Power on your Vizio Soundbar and the Samsung TV.
- Using the control panel or the remote of the Vizio soundbar press the Bluetooth Button.
- On the Samsung TV, turn on Bluetooth settings and your Vizio soundbar should appear on the available to-pair devices.
- Select the soundbar and play some audio.
Those were two methods by which you can connect the Vizio Soundbar to Samsung TV. You can either use cables or the Bluetooth function. In cables, you again have three options which are the HDMI cable, the RCA cable, and the optical cable.
The best preferred out of the three is the HDMI cable and then the optical cable. The RCA cable method and the Bluetooth doesn’t work that well. The Bluetooth method can cause scratchy and unstable audio.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q) Why isn’t their audio after connecting Vizio soundbar to Samsung TV via optical cable?
A) This happens sometimes, and the best way to solve this is to change the TV settings. Search for expert settings on the TV and change from ‘HDMI’ and ‘DAO’ to ‘PCM’. This should work.
Q) What is the best way to connect Vizio Soundbar to Samsung TV?
A) The best way to connect the Vizio soundbar to Samsung TV is by using the HDMI cable or the Optical Cable.