Vizio sound bars are popularly known to turn a simple movie-watching experience at home, into a theater-like experience with its great sound quality.
Nowadays, as the world advances, the TV screens turn flattered and flatter compromising on the sound factor. This makes it essential to assist the sound of the TV with the help of a soundbar.
Soundbars are rectangular, slim bars placed beside or under your TV, which perform their task by amplifying the sound system of the TV.
Soundbars are a good replacement for speaker systems as they come in with built-in amplifiers and sometimes even subwoofers.
Soundbars are also very convenient to set up and aren’t even expensive as compared to complete home theater system setups.
Some soundbars also come with wireless connectivity making it even more convenient.
So, did you just buy yourself a Vizio Soundbar and are confused as to why it keeps cutting out from the main TV? Worry not, this article will help you figure out exactly why and how you can fix the problem.
Why does my Vizio Bar keep cutting out?
There could be various reasons why this may be happening with your soundbar.
For some people, the Vizio soundbar keeps getting cut every few seconds, and for some after about 15 to 30 minutes. Reasons could be:
1. Old Soundbar
If your soundbar is not new then the possible reason could be that the old Vizio soundbar is overheating.
Usually, appliances stop working and shut down when they heat too much. Place your hand on the soundbar to see if this is the problem.
Your Vizio soundbar could also overheat because of the dirt and dust that might’ve settled on to it. Ensure that you provide regular cleanings.
2. Faulty Connection
If your Vizio soundbar has a wired connection, then make sure that the wire is connected to the port in the correct manner.
If the soundbar is placed too far away from the TV, this could cause the cable to overstretch and not work properly.
If your Vizio Soundbar has a wired connection, then make sure that the pairing has been established properly and that the soundbar isn’t too far away. Keeping the soundbar far away from the TV’s Bluetooth connection can make it unstable.
There could also be issues with the AUX cable and the AUX port. Check the aux cable to find out any broken wire rubber plastic or a damaged cable port.
How do I fix the problem?
Fixing an old overheating soundbar
- If you find that your Vizio soundbar keeps turning hot, switch off the connection and let it cool down.
- Remove it from any enclosing or cabinet that you might’ve placed it in and let it sit outside.
- Ensure that the power supply to the soundbar is not too high and that there aren’t many fluctuations.
- Grab a dry piece of cloth and clean the soundbar thoroughly to ensure that no dust has settled on the surface.
Fixing connectivity issues
- Firstly, ensure that the cables are in place, the two devices aren’t far from each other, and that there is no barricade in between the devices.
- Try working the Vizio Soundbar again, and if it still cuts off then you can try to restart the soundbar.
- Simply power on and off the soundbar, connect it once again, and now give it a try.
- Otherwise, you can also go ahead and perform a factory reset to the Vizio Soundbar, about whose instructions you’ll find in the soundbar user manual.
- Try connecting the soundbar to any other device and see if that works. If connecting to another device doesn’t cut out the sound, it means there is a problem with the device that the Vizio soundbar was previously connected to.
- If none of the above methods work, and the Vizio soundbar still keeps cutting off, then it is best to contact Vizio customer care or the retailer shop to troubleshoot and fix the issue for you. If you contact the Vizio Company, they might even replace the soundbar with a new one if it comes under the warranty period.
To sum it up, you do not need to worry if your soundbar keeps cutting off.
Usually, the above-provided methods work instantly in fixing the issue. Even if they don’t, you can get professional help to get your Vizio soundbar fixed.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why does my Vizio Sound bar keep cutting off?
Your Vizio Soundbar might be getting old, it could have had dust accumulated, the cables could not have been connected properly or the device that you’re connecting the soundbar to could have a faulty Bluetooth connection.
How do I fix my soundbar losing connection?
You can change its position and placement to ensure that wired or Bluetooth connections are all in place.